We offer a broad range of microbiological analyses for food and feed, environmental samples, and water and sewerage. We adapt our analyses to the customer’s products and needs.
For more than 20 years, Nemko Norlab has assisted customers in the sampling and analysis of drinking water, clean water, wastewater, and leachate. We offer complete analysis packages that satisfy increasingly strict requirements specified by the authorities. We offer microbiological, inorganic, and organic analyses.
Drinking water analysis
Drinking water is our most important nutrient. Drinking water is fresh water intended only for human consumption. The provisions concerning drinking water are specified in the Norwegian Drinking Water Regulations. We use drinking water for cooking, to rinse fruit and vegetables and to clean equipment and production environments. On average, each person uses 150-200 litres per day.
The provisions concerning drinking water and associated quality requirements are regulated in the Norwegian Drinking Water Regulations (in Norwegian). The regulations cover all aspects of drinking water supply from raw water to clean water, pipelines supplying residential homes, production facilities and modes of transport such as buses, airplanes, and ships. The purpose of the regulations is to safeguard the supply of drinking water at a satisfactory quantity and quality for consumers.
We perform accredited analyses covered by the Norwegian Drinking Water Regulations and we have extensive experience within this field, conducting more than 100,000 drinking water analyses each year.
- chemical, microbiological, and physical parameters in accordance with the Norwegian Drinking Water Regulations (Raw water, analysis in sample group A and B, as well as pesticides)
- hazard assessments and test plans adapted for the size and supply capacity of the waterworks concerned
- suitable sample packaging and transport boxes
In order for water to be deemed drinkable, it must meet certain quality requirements. For example:
- microorganisms (total number of bacteria and fungi)
- intestinal enterococci
- Clostridium perfringens
- metal and mineral analyses such as copper, iron, manganese, sodium, calcium, etc.
An organoleptic analysis (odour and taste) must also be conducted.
Please refer to the overview of the scope of our accreditation: TEST 070
Contact us and we will send you sample packaging, ensuring that you use the correct sample bottles for the different analyses. After sampling, it is essential that water samples are stored and transported to the laboratory in cold conditions, preferably the same day and within 12 hours.
Sampling guidelines and shipping forms can be found in our customer portal.
- Nemko Norlab is an accredited laboratory and offers a wide range of accredited analyses.
- We use accredited subcontractors as needed.
- We offer extended reporting, including assessment of analysis results against any limit values.
- We can assist with sample collection if required by the customer.
- We can provide sample bottles and return packaging at no additional cost.
|Axel Sellægs veg 3, 7800 Namsos, Norge|
Tlf: 950 11 613
|Vefsnvegen 11, 8656 Mosjøen, Norge|
Nemko Norlab AS
Tlf: 909 84 02
|Sørfjordveien 170, 7113 Husbysjøen, Norge|
Nemko Norlab AS, Fosen
Tlf: 950 91 420
|Wilhelm Dalls vei 50, 6511 Kristiansund, Norge|
Nemko Norlab AS, Kristiansund
Tlf: 924 79 492
|Lenningsveien 27, 8900 Brønnøysund, Norge|
Nemko Norlab AS, Brønnøysund
Tlf: 910 07 170
|Nordfrøyveien 413, 7260 Sistranda, Norge|
Nemko Norlab AS, Frøya
Tlf: 957 82 370
|Industrivegen 19, 6080 Gurskøy, Norge|
Nemko Norlab AS, Sunnmøre
Tlf: 924 78 692
|Eikremsvingen 4, 6422 Molde, Norge|
Nemko Norlab AS, Molde
Tlf: 924 79 892
|Svartvassvegen 2, 6650 Surnadal, Norge|
Nemko Norlab AS, Surnadal
Tlf: 71 65 55 70
Laboratories for drinking water
If questions regarding drinking water analyses, please contact one of our offices with expertise in this field.