We carry out environmental surveys in both outdoor and indoor environments, including sampling, analysis and consultancy. We are accredited for measurements of emissions to air, and determination of a variety of emission parameters and components. We also perform environmental surveys of buildings, indoor climate and occupational hygiene.
We conduct accredited asbestos testing using electron microscope (SEM). Nemko Norlab has extensive and solid expertise with all forms of fibre characterization using SEM. Our experts possess extensive knowledge regarding preparatory technologies and the use of SEM.
Inhalation of asbestos fibre has been shown to present health risks. The use of materials containing asbestos was banned in 1985 through the Norwegian asbestos regulations (regulations to the Norwegian Working Environment Act, order no. 235). The regulations also cover the remediation and handling of materials containing asbestos.
Asbestos is the generic term for a group of naturally occurring mineral fibres. Asbestos was used as a fire retardant and insulating additive in many materials, including building panels, pipe insulation, flooring, screed, rotors, and filters. Even though it is banned it is still in use, even in new products.
- Nemko Norlab has the fastest response time in the market for asbestos analyses.
- We serve customers within public administration, developers, consultants, contractors, asbestos removal firms and others.
- We conduct sampling of air, dust and materials and we can also provide equipment for your own sampling.
- Easy-to-read reports containing results, classification and suggested waste codes.
- Our technical experts have extensive experience as consultants in project involving the remediation of asbestos.